Saturday, August 16, 2014

Remember....


I am gifted...  In so many ways...  Blessings are thick, rich and I am filled with joy...  The joy is a breakthrough from the sorrow and the sadness, but...  I still remember...  It about 25 days shy of 4 years ago, when our family and many of our son's (Keith) business partners had joined our family for a summer ending outing at our beloved Banks Lake...  We have been going there now some 28 summers and oh what a beautiful, special, hallowed, sacred place this is for our family...  Yes, well, I remember every moment of Banks Lake...  How deep my gratitude is for this amazing place...  One might think we would avoid it because of the haunting memories of the times Val was in the hospital there and then when she collapsed on the beach in Sept of 2010 and I rushed her to the ER only to learn that her cancer was back...  Yes...  Well I remember...  But she said she would always be there...  There and the temple...  I am really looking forward to this next week...

 
 Val is walking atop of Steamboat Rock (summer of 2012, her last summer with us) the big butte you see to the right of the setting sun... in the picture below...

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this song. Nyle was crazy for Harry Nilsson. Much to my sorrow, I didn't appreciate the artist as much, until after Nyle died. Now I treasure each and every song as I see him in them.

    ReplyDelete